- CSR & SUSTAINABILITY
- In 2015, the UN adopted the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. With the aim of improving the lives of all, it poses a new opportunity towards a new path for countries and societies.The Agenda has 17 Sustainable Development Goals, and from SmartRental convinced of this challenge at a global level we will try to contribute through our CSR program equality between people, protect the planet and ensure prosperity as part of this new global social contract that leaves no one behind.We are convinced that if we all contribute a small portion these changes will be possible.
Economic progress in recent times has been associated with environmental degradation that may jeopardize our future:
-About 1.3 billion tons of the food produced ends up in the trash.
What are we doing?
We have an agreement with Too Good To Go to ensure that all food is eaten and not thrown away at our SmartRental Group locations.
We buy LOCAL® water based on the concept of consuming water in a different way, eliminating single-use plastic and the Co2 derived from its transportation.
-We have signed an agreement with Finca Santa Elena as a coffee supplier. Certified ORGANIC, it is dedicated to specialty coffees, in western Honduras, in a village called San Gabriel, in San Juan, Intibuca where Don Nelson Guerra Capitanea.
Finca Santa Elena is equipped with automatic irrigation and is the first 100% sustainable farm in Honduras. It is not only environmentally and wildlife friendly, but also characterized by its social interest.Read more Read less
Ensuring healthy living and promoting wellness at all ages is essential for sustainable development.
What are we doing?
SmartRental Group is the first company to join a new solidarity collaboration agreement that will finance neurorehabilitation sessions for people with neurodegenerative diseases, spinal cord injuries and acquired brain damage in Ibiza and Formentera. They will do it through their used cooking oil, thanks to the Solidarity Oil initiative.
To provide lodging to the Menudos Corazones Foundation as part of its project to offer lodging to families of people with congenital heart disease who move to Madrid from other autonomous communities for hospitalization.
Cede an accommodation space to the Menudos Corazones Foundation to include it within the entity's Free Accommodation Project in order to offer accommodation to the families of people with congenital heart disease who move from other Autonomous Communities to Madrid for hospital reasons.Read more Read less
During 2019 recorded the hottest temperatures ever. CO2 and other greenhouse gases set record levels during 2019.
Climate change is affecting all regions and continents, substantially modifying national economies. Extreme weather phenomena, high sea levels are some of the immediate consequences. It is in everyone's hands to reverse this trend.
What are we doing?
- We have phased out 99% of single-use plastic containers in all our establishments.
- All our hotel access cards are made from recyclable materials.
- Room pens made from wheat pulp.
- We have installed an app that has enabled us to remove directories from the rooms
- All our hotels have systems that disconnect the air conditioning by opening the windows and saving electricity in the absence of the guest.
- Our hotels use renewable energies, either by means of solar panels or aerothermics that generate both electricity and hot water production.
- Our parking lots are equipped with electric car charging points.Read more Read less
A large mural for peace will look out over La Ribera del Guadalquivir in Cordoba from the back façade of the new Hotel Akeah Cordoba (former Hostal El Triunfo), next to the Visitor Reception Center. It will be painted between May 22 and 30 by the couple of Ukrainian artists Mikhail Korobkov and Olga Korobkova, granted by the Artdecor Foundation with one of the artistic residencies Cordoba City of Ideas 2023.
Mikhail Korobkov and Olga Korobkova left a city at war to arrive in a city in festivities that, during these days and while they paint their mural, is also celebrating its fair. Curiously they are going to paint on a wall that rises in an old building of the Ribera in which, recent studies have just located the Casa de la Aduana, from the 15th century. This building was used by the Catholic Monarchs and corresponds to the expansion of Roman Cordoba in the time of Emperor Augustus. It was a place to collect taxes because it was the only access that the city had through the Guadalquivir River. Over time it became a boarding house and more recently a hostel. The building is now owned by the SmartRental Group, which is currently rehabilitating it to establish what will be its first cultural hotel-container in Andalusia, Akeah Cordoba.Read more Read less
This label is awarded by booking thanks to the good practices we have implemented in our accommodations in Gran Vía Capital, Gran Vía Centric and Akeah hotel and based on an evaluation criteria model verified by independent agents and sustainability experts. Thanks to our efforts in:
-Reduction in energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions.
-Using less water
-Supporting local communities.Read more Read less
The SmartRental group has joined WWF's Earth Hour 2023 campaign, as a sign of its concern for the effects that climate change is having on people, nature and the planet's economy, and to show our public commitment to reduce its CO2 emissions. To this end, we joined forces in our establishments of
- SmartRental Collection Gran Vía Capital, Centric and Akeah by turning off our screens, illuminated signs, interior patio lights and murals.Read more Read less